[mythtv-users] New machine, transferring over

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 03:01:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:13:17 -0700, Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 October 2004 17:34, Ryan Steffes wrote:
> > I hope this is as easy as it sounds in my head.  I'm waiting on my CPU
> > to arrive from newegg before putting together a dedicated MythTv
> > machine in the living room.  I've already resized the video partition
> > to take up just 150 out of my 200 gigs and I've made a partition for
> > the music I'm going to make it serve.  I left about 15 gigs for system
> > and a small user file space for my wife.  What I'm going to have to do
> > is take the hard drive and the capture card out of my current machine
> > and put them into the new machine.
> >
> > Here's my plan:
> >
> > Install Linux fresh.
> > Install MythTV on the new machine from the source I have running on
> > this machine.
> > Mount the video partition in the same place (/home/video) as it's mounted
> > now Copy the database over
> > Follow the steps to change the hostname
> > Change the settings for the master server in setup
> >

> > It seems like it should be easy.  Anyone spot any glaring stupidity?
>
> That's pretty much all there is to it. I've done the same thing a few times
> myself.
>
> As it relates to your gmail account, and those of everyone on this list using
> them... Anyone else get annoyed w/gmail's insistence to insert the sender's
> address as a reply-to along with the list? I don't know about folks using
> their gmail accounts (haven't touched mine in ages), but I don't want two
> copies of replies to everything I send the list... :-)
>
> --
> Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
> jcw at wilsonet.com
>
> Got a question? Read this first...
>      http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms documentation:
>      http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/

Yes and I'm sorry!  Many of us have sent feedback (I've included the
annoying top posting default in mine as well) and gotten back that
they just refuse to put a blank reply-to as a spam countermeasure.  As
I'm on more than one list, defaulting my reply-to doesn't work for me
without changing it every response I make.

It's almost frustrating enough to counter everything I love about
Gmail.  It's more annoying for the list than for us personally though,
since Gmail identifies the two copies as being the same and only shows
one response.

--Ryan