[mythtv-users] Recording first-run only (using original air date)

Frank Riley fhriley at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 00:21:45 EDT 2004

James L. Paul wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> Perhaps I'm just dense and don't see it, but did this feature make it in yet?
> Back in June I think there was some talk of either incorporating the original
> airdate into duplicate checking, or adding a new feature for based on
> comparing the original airdate to the airdate to make it simple to only
> record first-run episodes.
>
> Is it in there yet, or am I just blind? (not unlikely! :)

It's in .16. Go to "scheduling options"->"match duplicates using subtitle &
description" and you can change it to "record new episodes only". Note that
I think mythfilldatabase has to be marking shows as repeats. It does this by
default in CVS, but I'm not sure if it does in .16. You can make it mark
repeats with --mark-repeats.