[mythtv-users] XMLTV/tv_grab_uk_rt b0rkeration

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 08:05:03 UTC 2004

I've just upgraded XMLTV to the newest version through portage so that I
could try out the New Improved tv_grab_uk_rt, and have miraculously failed
to get it to work, and it looks like the same error I got when I first
started using MythTV. A quick resumé...

XMLTV installed, which plonked tv_grab_uk_rt into /usr/bin/tv_grtab_uk_rt
mythsetup re-run, all channel info cleared
PVR-250 set up as per usual
Configure Myth to use tv_grab_uk_rt for the grabber
Manually configured tv_grab_uk_rt from the shell;
	Added BBC1 London
	Added BBC2 London
	Added ITV1 London
	Added Channel 4
	Added Five

Yet when the time comes to run mythfilldatabase, the channel tables in the
DB remain completely empty, and I get this kind of output (this output was
copied from a shell I ran subsequently, not from the one spawned by
mythsetup, but the output is identical):

banquo movies $ mythfilldatabase
mythfilldatabase: /usr/lib/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.1: no version
information available (required by /usr/lib/libmythtv-0.16.so.0)
Refreshing Tomorrow's data
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
All data is the copyright of the Radio Times website
<http://www.radiotimes.com> and the use of this data is restricted to
personal use only.

finding channels:   0%
[
]RT id 1482 (VH2) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1761 (Animal Planet +1) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1764 (Discovery Home & Leisure +1) not known in channel ids file
RT id 1856 (ABC1) not known in channel ids file
grabbing: 100%
[=============================================================================================================================================]------------------
End of XMLTV output ------------------
Query was:
SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1005;
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Query was:
SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1004;
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Query was:
SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1003;
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Query was:
SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1001;
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Query was:
SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1002;
No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
Updating icons for sourceid: 1
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: carlton.com
Skipping channel.
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: channel4.com
Skipping channel.
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: channel5.co.uk
Skipping channel.
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
Skipping channel.
Unknown xmltv channel identifier: london.bbc2.bbc.co.uk
Skipping channel.

Is this Myth expecting there to be channel data in the DB already?

It also seems to take an inordinately long time, which at first made me
think that somehow the old grabber was still being used. However, I opened
up tv_grab_uk_rt in vim, and:

use XMLTV::Version '$Id: tv_grab_uk_rt.in,v 1.71 2004/09/27 20:33:21 epaepa
Exp $ ';

banquo movies $ ls -l /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root root 12491 Oct  6 08:03 /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt

Also, I get a heck of alot of XML output (very quickly too) if I just run
tv_grab_uk_rt manually; it just doesn't seem to want to play ball with
mythfilldatabase. It's almost as if myth is calling some old version of
tv_grab_uk_rt or something.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on here? I'd really like to stick to
the RT listings, as they're much more comprehensive than those from bleb.
But at the moment I'm left with a broken Myth until I can shoehorn Bleb
back in there again...

TIA for any information!

(Tried checking the archives and my mail spool, but gossamer-threads seems
to be down ATM)