[mythtv-users] DVB card support/features?

Berry, David David.Berry at dcita.gov.au
Thu Oct 7 03:35:57 UTC 2004

>c) Yes, the EPG is 'harvested' from the Air already (tv_grab_dvb) and
>its pretty good ! :)  I assume/believe that *all* cards have this
>functionality!
>

> My Nova-T certainly does, however there is one other thing to consider

> before relying on tv_grab_dvb... does one of your broadcasters
actually
> supply an accurate EPG for more than the next program?

> Sadly, the answer in Melbourne, Australia is essentially "No".

Based on this thread, I downloaded and tried tv_grab_dvb.  In Canberra,
Australia, it also only shows the next upcoming show - plus, it only
shows the show for the current channel that the tuner is tuned to
(unless I'm missing something) - so you would also have to script
something that changed the tuner for each channel, and get that EPG for
each one.

I was thinking it might be good to run it each hour, as it seems to
broadcast the proper time the show is on.  Eg: tv_grab_au says a show
will start at 8:30 - tv_grab_dvb says it starts at 8:35 - perhaps more
in line with the time the show is actually broadcast ??