[mythtv-users] multiple "live tv" recording profiles for multiple frontends?

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Thu Oct 7 08:50:26 UTC 2004

I'm playing with the Mac frontend binaries that were recently
released on the Dev list (Excellent!) and have found that it is
necessary to set the bitrate quite low in the "Live TV" recording
profile to get good video performance over the net. That's absolutely
fine for when I'm on my Mac, but I'd like to be able to keep the
bitrate on my actual TV quite high. Probably much higher than any LAN
is going to support consistently.

So, my question is - is it possible to set a custom "Live TV"
recording profile for each frontend?

I would think this would be very convenient as you could configure
each front end to make the best use of the resources it has
available... for example, a frontend wirelessly connected over
802.11g could be set to use lower bitrates (thereby saving
bandwidth), while a wired 100-baseT (or 1000-baseT) frontend could
maximize video quality.

Comments?