[mythtv-users] Problem with edited programs in mythtv

Petter Gundersen pettergundersen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 16:25:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:51:23 +0100 (IST), VJ <vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>   My problem is that when I edit the program to remove commercials,
> mythtv does not start from I marked the starting point of the program
> (removing commercials in the beginning), but from some point later. For
> example, I remover commercials from start of The Simpsons, but it starts
> playback from the point where they are showing Matt Groening's name in
> the television(or the simpsons have just enetered into their living room
> to watch TV).
>   Could it be related to ivtv driver? Cos I used 0.19 under knoppmyth
> sometime ago and it never happened, but now I am using FC2(2.6.8-521) +
> ivtv ck100zz + MythTV 0.16.

I had the same problem because mythtv gave the wrong time of my
recordings, as reported here
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/86539. Maybe it's the
same reason for you. To check look at your framespergop setting by
running the command
ivtvctl -a | grep framespergop
If the framespergop value is reported to be 0, that't the problem. It
should be 12 or 15, depending on if you're using PAL/SECAM or NTSC.
It's a bug with the autodetection, so to automatically set the correct
framespergop value, you have to specify your tv standard when loading
the ivtv module:
ivtv_std =
1 NTSC
2 PAL