[mythtv-users] Cheap Microtel-good or bad for MythTV

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Thu Oct 7 14:26:28 EDT 2004

It's got an AGP slot.  Put a cheap AGP card in it to take the video
accesses off the Memory bus.  Shared Memory systems are very slow
because Video requires a lot of memory bandwidth, e.g. refresh the
screen 60 times a second.  Other than that it should be fine.  One thing
to consider.  It's probably a VIA based system.  VIA has some of the
worst issues when it comes to PCI timing problems.  Just look at the SB
Live/Audigy debacle.

Yan