[mythtv-users] Suggestion for commercial detection

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Oct 7 23:01:05 UTC 2004

At 22:54 07/10/2004, you wrote:
>On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:31:14 +0100, Julian Edwards
><ed at julian-edwards.com> wrote:
> > There seems to be quite a few options now for the type of commercial
> > detection that you can use.  I've found that some work better than
> > others depending on the channel that you're on.
> >
> > How about having a per-channel setting for the type of commercial
> detection?
> >

>I would second this request.

Oi! I firsted it, you insensitive clod!

Anyway, one thing I wasn't aware of before is that with 0.16 I can now turn
off commflag on a per-channel basis with the channel editor in mythsetup.
I've always just installed straight over the top before, and so didn't see
the option.

Just to repeat my other request in case it catches some enthusiastic coders
eye, I'd also like to be able to turn commflag rules on or off on a channel
bassi as well; something like this table, which will no doubt come out very
mangled.

Channel Blank frames    Scene changes   Extra loud bits Splash screen
                                                 with gaps       example

Ch1             Y               Y               N
/path/to/sample/image
Ch2             N               N               Y               N
Ch3             Y               Y               Y
/path/to/sample/image

etc etc, since in the UK at least I've found different combinations of
commflaging work better than others, and I think it'd be a good idea to
make the commflag modular so that commflag plugins are easy to make and
implement.

But that's just me... as I say, IANACPPC...