[mythtv-users] Help - reinstalling mythtv FC2_x86_64 from ATrpms fails

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 8 04:31:29 UTC 2004

On Oct 7, 2004, at 17:41, Brad Fuller wrote:

> I need help, and it's probably pretty darn easy but I can't figure it
> out.
>
>  I've recently built mythtv from source on an AMD64 system and it
> worked (after John, Michael and Axel helped me with ivtv)
>
>  I deleted all occurances of mythtv to and removed any in the RPM dB
> (from before) to start over.
>
>  I then yum'd mythtv from the AT stable repos. No problem.
>  It reported that it downloaded the packages and completed the test
> transaction.
>  yum then installed mythtv 0.16080.rhfc2.at.x86_64 sucessfully.
>
>  However, any attempt to run mythtvsetup fails. mythbackend and
> mythfrontend fails as well.
>
>  when I locate mythtvsetup  it's only found in the yum cache.
>
>  What am I doing wrong ?     this is not a test ;-0
>
>  If it "installed" successfully, why can't I see mythtvsetup

There are quite a few components that comprise the entire MythTV
experience as packaged by ATrpms. The package "mythtv" is just one of
them. Try yum install mythtv-suite, which is a dummy package that pulls
in all the other components as dependencies. (The backend, frontend and
setup are all independent packages.)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com