[mythtv-users] Help - reinstalling mythtv FC2_x86_64 from ATrpms fails

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 8 07:10:02 UTC 2004

On Oct 7, 2004, at 22:05, Brad Fuller wrote:

> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> On Oct 7, 2004, at 17:41, Brad Fuller wrote:
>>
>>> I need help, and it's probably pretty darn easy but I can't figure
>>> it out.
>>>
>>>  I've recently built mythtv from source on an AMD64 system and it
>>> worked (after John, Michael and Axel helped me with ivtv)
>>>
>>>  I deleted all occurances of mythtv to and removed any in the RPM dB
>>> (from before) to start over.
>>>
>>>  I then yum'd mythtv from the AT stable repos. No problem.
>>>  It reported that it downloaded the packages and completed the test
>>> transaction.
>>>  yum then installed mythtv 0.16080.rhfc2.at.x86_64 sucessfully.
>>>
>>>  However, any attempt to run mythtvsetup fails. mythbackend and
>>> mythfrontend fails as well.
>>>    when I locate mythtvsetup  it's only found in the yum cache.
>>>
>>>  What am I doing wrong ?     this is not a test ;-0
>>>
>>>  If it "installed" successfully, why can't I see mythtvsetup
>>
>> There are quite a few components that comprise the entire MythTV
>> experience as packaged by ATrpms. The package "mythtv" is just one of
>> them. Try yum install mythtv-suite, which is a dummy package that
>> pulls in all the other components as dependencies. (The backend,
>> frontend and setup are all independent packages.)
>
> Hi Jarod,
>
> If you recall, mythtv-suite is not complete for 64_bit.

Oh yeah. Nope, I didn't recall.

> So, that's why I'm only installing mythtv. Shouldn't I be able to
> install just mythtv?

Nope. That'll only get the mythtv package (and possibly libmyth sucked
in). Try:

# yum install mythtv-backend mythtv-frontend mythtvsetup libmyth

See where you're at after that. I'm not all that familiar with yum,
dunno how to search the package db via cli, but there's a yum gui also
(yummi, IIRC)...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com