[mythtv-users] Weird startup problem

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Oct 8 12:42:50 UTC 2004

Hi everybody,

I'm in the process of setting up a mythtv frontend using a debian system.  I'm
using an old uATX HP box with a Celeron 433.  One of my goals  is to make
this puppy as quiet as possible, so I've taken out the hard drive, and am
using an NFS volume as root.

Ever since I moved root to the remote drive, I've had a strange startup
problem.  When I boot the machine, everything starts nicely, but X (using
kdm) won't start until I press a key on the keyboard.  However, I'd like to
get rid of the keyboard, and this will make things very hard to boot.

Until ideas?

Mark