[mythtv-users] Channels that don't broadcast all the time; DVB-T radio channels.

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 14:05:16 UTC 2004

This is a known fault, I was going to spend some time next week fixing
it, but in the dev list recently its become obvious there's already
several people looking at this problem, so I'll focus my efforts
elsewhere, but I don't know what timescales people are looking at,
hopefully sooner rather than later :)

- ciaran

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:44:16 +0100, Greg <mythtv at kobeyu.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've more or less got a working MythTV box (subject to testing), running with
> a Hauppauge Dec-2000T over USB.
> I'm in the UK, and on Freeview, there are some channels that don't broadcast
> all the time (BBC Three and Four, abc1, CBBC/CBeebies etc.). When they're
> broadcasting it all works fine, but when they're not and you try and tune to
> them with mythfrontend, the frontend times out after trying for 15 seconds
> and drops back to the menu, without giving you chance to change the channel.
> This leaves you stuck on a channel.
> Is there a way to change the channel without getting any data first?
> Is there a more elegant solution to this problem?
>
> Almost unrelatedly, there are also several Radio channels I could pick up
> (just an Audio ID, no Video ID), but myth doesn't seem to like not having any
> video, so tuning to these channels has much the same effect as above.
>
> Am I missing something?
> I can get verbose outputs later (at work now), but they're mostly along the
> lines of "Warning: Got no data from card in 1 second" or "No data for 15
> seconds, Game Over."
> Thanks,
> Greg Manning.

- Ciaran