[mythtv-users] Recording 24/7

Jake Smith pvr at thepier.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 21:31:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

I know it has been raised before, but I couldn't find any recent
discussion thread about it..

I'd like to know if you can or if there are plans to allow myth to:

1) Record the program you are currently watching - *including* the part
that has already passed and is in the ring buffer (to the extent that is
is there)
2) To continue recording LiveTV into the ring buffer even if you exit
LiveTV and/or myfrontend. (maybe I'm missing something here, what
happens if you had two mythfrontend watching LiveTV or is that
impossible?)

I find both these extremely useful (being a Tivo fan)

It would also be nice to

3) Record a program or partial that is in ring buffer that is *not* the
current program but one in the past but still in the ring buffer

I fully realize these are all interconnected and involve more or less
the same issues to do with the ring buffer, time frames and file handles
etc.

Would just like an update-to-date account of users (and developers)
opinion on above and likely prospects?

TIA.

--
Jake.