[mythtv-users] Poor electrical ground (older apt.) + Nvidia tv out = poor tv quaility

Andrew Kreps andrew.kreps at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:59:54 UTC 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:35:35 -0700, nate s <nate.strickland at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know that a ups would help unless it was grounded somehow itself.

I have been able to eliminate a bad ground hum from my speaker system
by plugging into one of the battery backed-up plugs on my UPS (the
non-backed up ones retained the hum).  I assumed those plugs operated
somewhat like a line cleaner, but I never spent the time to find out
the details.  I will admit it's a bit disorienting to have your lights
and monitor go out while you're still listening to loud music.  :)