[mythtv-users] MythMusic hanging system on visualization startup

Thomas M. Pluth tpluth at surewest.net
Sat Oct 9 08:57:56 UTC 2004

  Whenever I start up MythMusic on my frontend only system, as soon as the
visualization starts up, the system stops responding.  It does continue to
play the current song, but the screen is frozen and X is hung.  I can't
CTRL-ALT-BKSP out of X.   The only solution is to reboot.

  System :

    P4 Prescott 3.2GHz

    512MB PC3200

    NVidia GeForce4 FX5500 with 256MB using 6111 drivers, XvMC disabled

    Fedora Core 2, updated to KDE 3.3, latest rpms from apt-get

    Kernel - 2.6.7 with HDTV patches, SMP, SMT

   MythMusic is compiled with -enable-all

   Any ideas?