[mythtv-users] RE: Help!!! Garbled Video

Thomas Lea thomas at lea.com
Sat Oct 9 16:43:47 UTC 2004

Mike,

When was the last time you made any changes to the firmware or ivtv drivers
for your cards?

I think we can rule out a) and b) because it would be incredibly unlikely
for them to happen to both of us at the same time.

I think c) is unlikely since I have Time Warner cable.  Time Warner PVRs
have been in my area for a long time (and I cant think of how this would
cause the problem).

I have the "FreeStyle" version of the PVR-250.  I don't have Windows
application software for them, so I haven't tried that.

My 3 kids are young.  They keep telling me to pause a show or rewind it.
They don't understand why they have to actually _WAIT_ for their shows to
become available until I get this fixed.  It's funny how they just don't
understand how most of the rest of the world uses TV.

Thomas