[mythtv-users] Search Words confusion?

rcatrow rcatrow at vt.edu
Sun Oct 10 22:11:39 UTC 2004

I am confused about the way "search words" works.

My wife has requested that I be on the look out for the last two episodes of
Dawson's Creek: "All good things" and "Come to an End" or something simiar. So
I thought to my self "I'll just use the "Search Words -> Title" function so if
they ever come on (lord knows TBS shows Dawson's Creek about a billion times a
day) I'll be sure to get them. Well after playing around with both Search
Words -> Title, and Search Words -> Keywords, I am confused about how they
work.

It appears that if I search by "Title" if I type in "dawson" I get all
upcoming Dawson's Creek episodes. If I type in "dawsone%abby" (Abby is the
name of an episode that is currently in my program guide), I get no results.
If I type in "abby" I get no results. Now, if I search by "Keyword" and type
in "dawson" I get all upcoming Dawson's Creek episodes. If I type in "abby' I
get the "Dawson's Creek: Abby" episode. But if I type in "dawson%abby" I get
nothing. This confounds me.

So I guess my question is how can I search by both title and episode name? Or
can I not. It seems like "Keyword" allows you to search episode names, just
not in conjunction with title's?

I am seriously confused. Any help would be appriciated - at least by my wife
anyways ; )

-Ross