[mythtv-users] Re-produceable crash on V.16

mark mark at onnow.net
Mon Oct 11 03:53:00 UTC 2004

On Oct 10, 2004, at 9:13 PM, tommy wrote:

> mark at onnow.net wrote:
>
>> I am experiencing a lockup/crash on the frontend of MythTV.
>> With a single PVR-250, It I am watching live tv, and a scheduled
>> program comes
>> up at the same time, it will ask the standard "watch recording, do
>> not record,
>> etc..."
> You may also want to make sure you are using a newer ivtv driver found
> at http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/
> I've been using ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck114f for about a week now and had
> absolutly no problems with doing the above.
Sorry for the ignorance but...
I installed from apt-get rpms.  How can I just upgrade ivtv?  I dont
suppose there are rpms for the newer versions are there?
Otherwise, what is the procedure to installing them?  Remove the rpm
ones as well?

I have these ivtv packages installed:
kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.8-1.521-0.1.10-48_pre2_ck100zz.rhfc2.at
ivtv-0.1.10-48_pre2_ck100zz.rhfc2.at
perl-Video-ivtv-0.12-5.1.rhfc2.at
ivtv-firmware-2.02.023-3.at

How old are these?  Do other recommend an upgrade too?  Can these
drivers cause a frontend crash?  I thought the tv capture was more of a
backend component?

Thanks for the help.

Mark