[mythtv-users] lirc + nova-t remote = epg bug

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 07:32:15 UTC 2004

I have a vague recollection that someone else mentioned something
along the lines of this but I couldnt find it while seraching on the
list so here goes...

I'm using the grey remote control that came with my hauppauge nova-t
card (909) and I have a problem using it to navigate the epg.

I have buttons set for left and right and these work fine everywhere
in myth except the epg.  They work in every menu and also for skipping
forward and back while in livetv mode. But when  I try to use them to
move left and right in the epg it does work at all (although both up
and down do).  I have noticed that on rare occassions it does move one
space right if I hold the key down for several seconds but this isnt
reliable.  Bizarre thing is that if I try using a keyboard to navigate
the epg then that works fine.

Any ideas?

(I'm thinking of trying the current cvs build as it seems to contain
fixes for alot of the major 0.16 bugs: crash on hitting r button,
dodgy deinterlacing, etc...)