[mythtv-users] Nova-t capture cards

Klas Heggemann klash at mac.com
Mon Oct 11 20:09:37 UTC 2004

Ciaran <ciaranj at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have  (a version of) this card working with tzap + mplayer and vdr
>> with 2 different versopns of
>> channels.conf. Anyone know how I use this to get the right information
>> into mythtv channels  setup?
>>

> I added a page to the mythtv.info wiki the other day on how to do this
> for UK DVB-t
> http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DVBTUKHowTo
> Not sure if that helps ?

I tried this. Got a file with lines like

REPLACE INTO dvb_pids (chanid, pid, type, lang) VALUES (730000000, 889,
'v', '');
REPLACE INTO dvb_pids (chanid, pid, type, lang) VALUES (730000000, 888,
'a', '');
REPLACE INTO channel (chanid, channum, freqid, sourceid, callsign,
name, icon, finetune, videofilters, xmltvid, recpriority, contrast,
brightness, colour, hue, tvformat, commfree, visible)
	VALUES (730000000, '730000000', '', 1, 'SVT Extra', 'SVT Extra',
'BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ', NULL, '', 'INVERSION_OFF', 0, 32768, 32768, 32768,
32768, 'Default','0', '1');

but still no picture when I choose "Watch TV" and mythbackend complains
about no data from card. (btw i'm using mythtv  0.16 on gentoo linux
with 2.4 kernel).

/klas