[mythtv-users] Thumbnails of recordings on MythWeb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Oct 11 22:48:49 UTC 2004

> just a quick question to which I can't find the answer to... is there
> a way to regenerate the thumbnail from a frame of the recording at a
> given timestamp? Or is there even a way to regenerate the thumbnails?

There is currently no code in the backend that allows for choosing of a
specific frame for the thumbnail, but Gavin (aka Beirdo) is planning to
add support for this at some point.

To regenerate thumbnails, wipe out mythweb's image_cache directory, as
well as the thumbnail files in your mythtv video dir.  Eventually
(meaning, after I move), I'll add timestamp checking so you don't need
to wipe the mythweb image cache and it'll just detect when a new
thumbnail is available.

-Chris