[mythtv-users] Schedule Recoding from PVR-350 S-Video In

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 12:39:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:27:43 -0400, Blues Guy <bluesguy at stny.rr.com> wrote:
> Mercury Morris wrote:
>
> >This MythTV system is intended to replace a VCR that is connected exactly the
> >same way - coax + 4DTV.  The 4DTV receiver and VCR are programmed separately.
> >I set the 4DTV to tune in 'The Wire' on HBO, and the VCR to record for about
> >an hour at the same time HBO broadcasts 'The Wire'.  Worked well for years.
> >
> >The MythTV system is doing the job of the VCR, but doesn't select the
> >appropriate input from the PVR-350.  Surely, someone else may want to
> >manually schedule recording from the PVR-350's S-Video/Composite video input.
> >
> Did you bind the 4DTV provider to the composite input in Mythsetup?  If
> so, it should select the composite input.

Thanks for answering.

In  mythtvsetup,  I defined a new Video Source called Video_In.
And in Channel Editor, defined a channel called 4DTV with no
channel number.

Here are the current settings, as observed by running mythtvsetup:

  Video Sources:
    Antenna  and  Video_In

  Input Connections:
    Composite 0 - Antenna
    Tuner 0         - Video_In
    S-Video 0      - Video_In
    all others       - (None)

  Channel Editor:
     4DTV
       Callsign: W4DTV
       Video Source: Video_In

Does any of this information tell what the bindings are?