[mythtv-users] HDTV on Myth -- is it a "myth?"

Tue Oct 12 16:45:10 UTC 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Brandon Beattie wrote:

> As for hard drive access causing the audio/video corruption I doubt it,
> because I've rewound and watched the segment again and it is still
> there.

I have watched a show just a few minutes behind as it was recording.  My
backend was doing lot's of other tasks and I was seeing pixelization.  I
could rewind, and see the exact same pixelization.

I shut down those other tasks, and the pixelization went away.  I could
rewind back to the begining and see the pixelization, but once I caught up
to the point where I shut down the other processes, the corruption was gone.

I never see any errors in the mythbackend log indicating it could not write
to the disk fast enough, but it sure looks like that can happen.  Maybe it
is not a problem with myth writing the file, but with myth reading from the
HD-2000 buffer fast enough?  Maybe the HD-2000 driver needs a larger buffer?

John