[mythtv-users] Search Words confusion?

rcatrow rcatrow at vt.edu
Tue Oct 12 18:54:42 UTC 2004

Thanks Bruce, that clears it up alright!

Is this maybe a feature request? Is anyone else trying to do what I am doing?
Basically I want myth to automatically search for and record a particular
episode of a show.  It seems like something people would want.

A great example, I am always looking for that Simpsons episode where Bart and
Lisa go on a model UN trip but get stranded on a an island Lord of the Flies
style. I would love for myth to agressively hunt that out for me.

"We'll be kings, Damn Hell Ass Kings!"

-Ross

>===== Original Message From Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> =====
>rcatrow wrote:
>> I am confused about the way "search words" works.
>>
>> My wife has requested that I be on the look out for the last two episodes
of
>> Dawson's Creek: "All good things" and "Come to an End" or something simiar.
So
>> I thought to my self "I'll just use the "Search Words -> Title" function so
if
>> they ever come on (lord knows TBS shows Dawson's Creek about a billion
times a
>> day) I'll be sure to get them. Well after playing around with both Search
>> Words -> Title, and Search Words -> Keywords, I am confused about how they
>> work.
>>
>> It appears that if I search by "Title" if I type in "dawson" I get all
>> upcoming Dawson's Creek episodes. If I type in "dawsone%abby" (Abby is the
>> name of an episode that is currently in my program guide), I get no
results.
>> If I type in "abby" I get no results. Now, if I search by "Keyword" and
type
>> in "dawson" I get all upcoming Dawson's Creek episodes. If I type in "abby'
>> get the "Dawson's Creek: Abby" episode. But if I type in "dawson%abby" I
get
>> nothing. This confounds me.
>>
>> So I guess my question is how can I search by both title and episode name?
Or