[mythtv-users] Mythweb thumbnails and slave backends

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Oct 12 21:03:26 UTC 2004

> Reference bug 107 and 89.  Until the recent protocol bump to 14 and a
> corresponding change to mythweb, this used to crash mythbackend as well.
> With the recent changes, it no longer crashes mythbackend, but you still
> don't get thumbnails.

As far as I know, this is a mythbackend bug, not a mythweb bug.  mythweb
is supposed to ask the master backend for the thumbnail, and get (or
not) a thumbnail image back.

I don't really know why the "check for local copy" stuff got put in, and
just assumed that the direct-with-server stuff worked, since I often
delete my local copies in order to force a thumbnail update.

I don't know how to fix this, but am open to suggestions/patches.

-Chris