[mythtv-users] Why only numeric IP addresses work?

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Tue Oct 12 22:40:21 UTC 2004

Agreed.  For servers, static is best.  The only compelling argument to
use DHCP for Servers is if you think you will ever have to renumber,
like in the event of an acquisition, but that really is a weak argument
for 99% of uses.  I personally use DHCP for my servers in networks I
control, but then I also use nailed down MACs in the dhcpd.conf.