[mythtv-users] PVR to the extreme!

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Oct 13 02:32:10 UTC 2004

Mike Vega wrote:

> I know it's a WinXP software package but I just had to show you guys
> this.
>
> http://www.snapstream.com/Community/Articles/medusa/default.asp
>
> 6, count them, 6 Hauppauge PVR-250BTV (aka Hauppauge "Roslyn" board) in
> one PRV machine.  If they can do it under WinXP, why can't we.  Any
> takers?

We already can.

Besides the ability to record more than one thing at a time (up to 6)
the only thing this would give you is to have several frontends with the
ability to watch live TV (and yes, still also record other things).

> Also, is this version of the PRV250 supported under IVTV?  Didn't
> recognize this flavor.

Been a while since I've looked, don't know.

> If anyone has a similar setup, lets hear about it.  The SnapStream guys
> can't have all the fun!!

I have 3 PVR-250 (one of them an MCE) and a pcHDTV card in one system.
Only reason I don't have more is because I ran out of PCI slots.  Of
course I don't record that much, nor do I have a lot of frontends (only
1!).  Maybe I'll get a new MB with 6 PCI slots.  I've also been thinking
about getting the Hauppauge PVR USB2 to experiment with and won't need
anymore slots.

--
David