[mythtv-users] X Windows redisplay via ssh

Michael Fenston fenston-myth at san.rr.com
Wed Oct 13 00:21:59 EDT 2004

Thanks for the responses ... I actually wanted a PC Anywhere "like"
connection to the mythbox so (1) below is the closest of the responses I
was looking for.

But anyway ... I found the following on my own if it helps anyone else out:

For those running Fedora Core 2 and want an easy way to position the
mythfrontend GUI on their television set for the PVR-350 TVOUT (IE: the
setup->appearance->screen settings->run the frontend in a window hack)
you can do the following which I found accidentally by "pro-actively
reading the myth users group mailing list" :)  ...

1) Go to System Tools->Desktop Sharing (this is just KDE Desktop
Sharing) ... under Configure disable "Confirm uninvited" check "Allow
uninvited" and set a password
2) Grab a copy of TightVNC for your PC (do a google search)

Using the TightVNC viewer (Fast Compression) gave good results.  This
was really quick to setup ... very impressive!

-Mike