[mythtv-users] Replacing dead PVR250

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 05:05:27 UTC 2004

Billy,

Fry's was selling the M179's a while back, but I don't
know what happened with that.  They may have sold out
of them, I'm not sure.  If not, then they'd probably
be around $50 (this is, of course, assuming you live
in the San Francisco Bay Area, if not, YMMV).

I don't know anything about the PVR150's, the IVTV
mailing list might be a better place to check.
However, I would venture a guess that they're not
supported yet, and that their support will depend on
the chips on the new board.

I've used TV-Out on my PVR-350, and it is absolutely
stunning, it is perfect.  However, outside of the
TV-Out, there are issues that are keeping me from
using it as a TV-Out device.  If you have a fast
enough CPU, then you can playback almost any video
file without too many problems.

Next step for me, is trying out my XBox as a MythTV
frontend.  I don't play games on it too often, so it
makes sense (to me anyway) to try it out.

-- Joe