[mythtv-users] channels.conf-import.pl

Albert Ulmer jayaeu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 13:19:52 UTC 2004

It seems the new channels.conf-import.pl coming with the 0.16 release
of MythTV still needs a little work. While it already really shortens
the time needed to import channels, it still doesn't go all the way.

It nice to have the audio and video IDs in the database, but it's not
much use if the rest of the information in the channels.conf
(frequency, symbol rate, service ID, modulation, etc.) are omitted,
still requiring me to edit each and every channel, so I can put in
data that could already have been imported in the first place.

My lacking Perl skills prohibit me from patching things up in the
script myself, so I wonder if anybody else sees the need for this and
is working on an improved version...

Best regards,
Albert.