[mythtv-users] Problems with Asus TV FM Card (saa 7135) and sound in mythtv, Please help

Matt Lovett mattlovett at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:02:06 UTC 2004

You need to unmute the tv card... the problem seems to be an
incompatibility between the emulated v4l api (which sits on top of
v4l2) and myth... if you search the list archive you should see a code
patch to fix it, or you can just put

v4lctl volume mute off

somewhere in your startup. If you do that, be very careful not to use
other programs that might turn mute back on, or you'll end up
recording with no sound again.

Good luck,

Matt