[mythtv-users] mATX mobo best for undervolting?

Anthony Vito anthony.vito at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:46:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:53:43 +0100, Piers Kittel <mythtv at biased.org> wrote:
> Hello all again,
>
> Anyone recommend a decent mATX best for undervolting a XP-M processor?

You have to worry about more then undervolting. It's been discussed
before. The XP-M does not have a multiplier, so if the mainboard does
not support multiplier settings the processor will run at the lowest
multipler possible, like an 6x or something. Of course, a mainboard
supporting undervolting will very likely support multipler settings,
but you want to make sure. The Biostar m7ncg 400 is what I have. It
supports undervolting to 1.3 volts I believe. I bought it to go the
other way. I have a XP-M 2800 overclocked and got HDTV running smooth
smooth :)

 I think there is also a chaintech uATX board that supports voltage
and multipler.... some else?

> Thanks very much for your help in advance!

no problem.

--
Anthony Vito
anthony.vito at gmail.com