[mythtv-users] Deleting Recordings does not release Disk Space

Eric S myth.meister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 03:44:42 UTC 2004

OK, this has been discussed before, I have seriously been looking for
this in the archives, no luck till now,   For reference see 'possible
bug in backend' thread.  Also in bugzilla #83, resolved in CVS
supposedly.  Can someone running Debian 2.6/Ext3 confirm that CVS
fixes this issue?

I was having this issue before I upgraded the server on 2.4.25/Ext3.
LVM does not seem to be a factor as the old setup had no LVM but
demonstrated the issue.  Both running 0.16 debs.

Any chance to patch 0.16 to fix this recognized critical issue?

Any good threads I should read on why Ext3 is a "BAD" choice.

Thanks,
Eric