[mythtv-users] frontend hw requirements

George Styles george at ripnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 13:23:33 UTC 2004

> go xbox for front ends and a headless lowpower pc with pvr250 tuner cards
> for the backend.
> xboxes are cheap and work just great with remote and a smallish box...
> just my 2 cents...
> anders

Are you running an offical release on the XBox, or have you managed to get
the CVS compiled yourself?

I tried for a while to get it working (on Xebian), and finally got all
dependancies sorted, but got stuck on QT libraries when I ran the setup
utility...

How long does it take the XBox to boot to the frontend?

I still use XBMP to play the .nuv's directly (i am also planning to use the
perl Myth scripts)