[mythtv-users] PVR to the extreme!

Jonathan Link jonathan.link at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:12:33 UTC 2004

<snip, stuff about IVTV and snapstream>
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:54:42 -0400, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 10/12/2004 10:05 PM, Mike Vega wrote:
>

> The fun part is trying to figure out how to improve the signal
> quality...  Amplifier, better cabling/connectors.  Getting 4 digital
> receivers (my preference, but he doesn't want to spend $6 x 4 each
> month--plus the additional charge for digital cable instead of analog).
>
> Mike

Motorola Signal booster available at Amazon for $39.99 (free super
saver shipping)
Also available at Circuit City for $79.99.
I have three tuners, cable modem, two feeds for my living room TV, and
three other TV's, 9 connections in all.  Before I bought it some
channels' colors were washed out, digital cable had fuzziness, and
upper tier channels took forever to load (20 channels would not load
above 100), and our NBC station had a line running through the middle
of the screen.  Now everything's clear and sharp.
Getting Digital cable will NOT solve his problem, since the digital
cable box doesn't boost or regenerate the signal.
For your convenience:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000066E6Y/102-1906960-7456169?v=glance

Regards,
Jonathan