[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV Pro sound problem

Danilo Massa danilo at danilomassa.it
Fri Oct 15 13:55:54 UTC 2004

Hello,
I am quite frustrated ... I am bulding a tv box for my house and I have
just moved from Winzozz to Linux.
I have installed mythtv on a Fedora Core 2 on my Asus Pundit box, all
the stuff is working fine (musics, videos, news, etc) ... but I have a
big problem with TV ... Living in Italy I have coded all the channel
manually and I am able to see the TV but the sound is like echoed with
the volume that is pumped up every few secs.

Some one has alread experienced something like that?

my configuration is:
- Pinnacle PCTV Pro (with audio out connected to the line-in of the
embedded sound card of the pundit box)
- modprobe.conf
alias eth0 b44
alias sound_slot_1 off
alias char-major-116 snd
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0 snd_id="ICH"
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias char-major-81 bttv
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
alias eth1 driverloader

- when I execute aplay /dev/dsp I get:
Playing raw data '/dev/dsp' : Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono
underrun!!! (at least 11.488 ms long)
underrun!!! (at least 12.974 ms long)
underrun!!! (at least 13.084 ms long)
underrun!!! (at least 13.088 ms long)
underrun!!! (at least 13.080 ms long)
underrun!!! (at least 13.104 ms long)

with the strange echo effect ...

P.S. awtv and tvtime are working fine ...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance
Danilo