[mythtv-users] Deleting Recordings does not release Disk Space

Eric S myth.meister at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 14:45:03 UTC 2004

Same question as Aaron, I have NFS mount setup on the FE as described
in the Docs.
Mounted path mirrors the backend (/myth) and permissions/userid match
between front and backend.

The backend was restarted with the frontend stopped, after restarting
the frontend the behavior (backend not releasing files) does not seem
to have changed.  Also get this in backend logs:

     2004-10-15 10:39:24 adding: punditfe as a remote file transfer

Seems to indicate the backend is still doing the file transfer work
instead of nfs.  Is there something  else I need to change or do in
the database or elsewhere to let the FE use the NFS mount??

Thanks,
Eric