[mythtv-users] OT Slightly

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Oct 15 15:23:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 09:33:31AM -0400, Tim Sailer wrote:
> I'm getting far enough with Mythtv to enable autologin for the mythtv user,
> and I want to autostart mythfrontend. I have an NV FX5200 chipset running
> multi head/screen, thanks to the help of everyone here. My problem, such
> as it is, is that I want to start mythfrontend on the screen that is
> displayed on the TV (obviously), screen1, not screen0, the CRT. I've
> searched till I'm googled out, and not any smarter. So, I'm turning
> to the experts. (is that enough groveling? :) )
>
> I've never played with a multihead setup before, so I'm clueless. Are there
> any tricks to doign this?

Well, the answer is a firm "it depends".  :-)

It sounds like what you really want to do it run a separate X server
for the TV, and autostart the frontend on it from inittab... but then
you won't be able to control it.

What do you propose to have your CRT doing when you've autostarted Myth
on the TV?  I think there isn't enough information here yet. :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi