[mythtv-users] Slow/choppy playback problem (not the usual ones, either!)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 15 18:29:46 UTC 2004

On 10/15/2004 11:08 AM, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

>...I'd say that, although it may be true that AGP outperforms PCI
>for video, that is not the source of his problems.
>
>Joshua, what does your LiveTV recording profile look like?

Before digging too deep into other issues, I suggest you buy that audio
cable.  From the OP's first post:

I do not have sound input hooked up yet because I need to dig up a 1/8"
stereo to composite cable around here..dunno why my 350 didn't come with
one.

Since Myth syncs video with the audio stream, having problems with your
audio setup (audio drivers, audio devices, Myth audio configuration,
etc.) can cause exactly the problem you describe.  And, unfortunately,
it's hard to notice symptoms of audio problems if you don't have your
sound hooked up...

Mike