[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeb: Whatta Feature

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 21:31:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:12:32 -0700, nate s <nate.strickland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought you set it up to have the broadcast channels on the tuner,
> and the sat channels on the composite in the mythsetup, then when you
> changed channels it would switch automatically?

In case your remarks, in the three lines above, are directed to me,
Here's an Update:

After MUCH trial-and-error, once again I answered Yes and Yes to
the two questions that begin mythtvsetup.  Then I proceeded to define
two Input Sources, Antenna and 4DTV.  But for the 4DTV input, I left
everything empty - no lineups, no schedule.  Then I used the Channel
editor and carefully added a channel (WSAT - a made-up call sign).

Now, the whole thing works great!  Tapping the 'c' key does indeed
switch between Tuner0 and Composite0.  While watching TV from
4DTV, hitting a channel key such as the '9' key, changes the channel
to Channel 9!  In Iowa, they would say, "This here MythTV is better
than sliced bread!"