[mythtv-users] tuning two-card systems ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 15 23:36:47 UTC 2004

On 10/15/2004 04:25 PM, Maarten wrote:

>I notice that my two bttv cards are not what you'd call exactly in sync, where
>the tuners are concerned.  If one card gives good picture, the other is just
>slightly off-channel so the colors are too pronounced, or I get stripes and
>other interference.  Now what I wonder is this, can one finetune channels
>per-card, or is the channel frequency globally defined for all cards ?
>
>If the latter, do the PVRx50 not suffer from these little tolerances ?
>If the former, how does one do that ?

I'm having the same symptoms on a multi-PVR-250MCE system.  I think it's
from the splitter reducing the signal strength, but I'm still trying to
find a good solution.  It seems the $5, 4-way splitter from a certain
supercenter in my area is not high-quality and not recommended for cable
TV.  Coupled with the fact that the cable feeding the house is split
with another 4-way splitter and that the cables are using twist-on
F-connectors, I think the signal strength is way too low by the time it
gets to the card.

Mike