(SOLVED) Re: [mythtv-users] Re: native lirc support fails- "connection refused"

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 00:21:36 UTC 2004

Dana Hata wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 16:37 -0400, Dana Hata wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 11:37 -0700, nate s wrote:
>>

>>>I'm using udev, and I have to create the device node manually.  a
>>>mknod -c 60 0 /dev/lirc does it for me.  I noticed the OP had it as
>>>/dev/lirc0, you might try symlinking that to /dev/lirc.
>>>
>>>Also, I never got myth's internal support to work right, but it works
>>>fine using irxevent.
>>>
>>>-Nate

>>Well, maybe I am stuck with irxevent for now, until this gets addressed.
>>Does anyone have a good irxevent conf for the grey hauppauge remote that
>>come with the pvr250?
>>
>>Dana
>>

>Ok, firstly, I'm and idiot.  I was running- lircd.  That was picking up
>lircd in /usr/bin, which was 0.6.6.  That's why it couldn't connect.  My
>new compiled lircd was in /usr/local/sbin.
>
>Dana

I have similar problem. irw works outside, and it shows all of the
haupaugegrey buttons that I push, but it doesn't work inside mythtv.

But, irxevent doesn't help. I run

# irxevent &

then startup myth

# mythfrontend

but no response to the remote control.

If I start it up as another user I see something like:

irxevent: could not open config files <user>/.lircrc and /etc/lircrc

Don't know why it reports "/etc/lircrc"

Maybe I'm starting it up wrong.