[mythtv-users] make a copy of .nuv as .mpg

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 16 18:02:50 UTC 2004

> I have a PVR-350, so I want to copy my recorded shows (.nuv) to .mpg so
> that I can watch the shows from a Windows client on the network.

There is a script in the contrib CVS Dir that can help you.

I have modded it slightly to append .mpg at the end of the filenames for
you.

This script attached uses a dir called /video with your nuv files in and
uses a dir called /video/links to supply windblows friendly names. You
should share the links dir with Samba and use you should be able to play
these in windows. I take it you can mod it from here to make it fit your
setup.

You can call it with a cron job if required.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Darren