[mythtv-users] Anyone using ASUS A7N8X-X nForce2 400 Chipset motherboard?

Lee McLain mrlee at protemporegaming.com
Sun Oct 17 01:13:14 UTC 2004

Hey all,
   I am just getting ready to starting assembling my first attempt at a
MythTV project and I just realized that I have a MSI KT3 Ultra2(6830-E)
mobo which has a VIA KT333 chipset.
   It is my understanding that these chipsets have DMA issues and don't
work well with MythTV.  So, I am now looking for another motherboard.  I
was looking at the ASUS "A7N8X-X" mobo with the nForce2 400 Chipset and
was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has used this and
what are their feelings about it.
   Also, if there is anyone that has used the MSI motherboard with any
success, please let me know!  If I can avoid buying anything else, that
would be great!

Thanks,
Lee McLain