[mythtv-users] Error upgrading to FC2: "Failed to open /dev/video0: Cannot allocate memory"

John Thomas jwt9478 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 02:54:27 UTC 2004

All,

Since it was a slow weekend, I thought it would be a good idea to
upgrade my FC1-Pundit MythTV box an upgrade up to FC2.  I felt like it
was a good idea since others were having success with the upgrade and
also because I want to eventually update my system with a pcHDTV card
in the near future.  Well I got stuck on implementing the ivtv driver.
 It kept complaining that /dev/video was unable to allocate memory.  I
found a user with the exact same problem, but with no solution.  The
link is below:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/75905?do=post_view_threaded

Eventually I gave up trying to figure out myself and went back to FC1.
 I would appreciate any help that someone could provide to bring a
solution to this problem.  Then maybe I'll try again.

Thanks alot

My system specs:
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-view_pvrent.php?systemid=My+MythTV+Fedora+Pundit