[mythtv-users] ATI remote with FC2 / mythtv 0.16 after Jarod's guide

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 18:40:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:25:16 -0500, Mercury Morris >

> More later.

To be conservative, extra cautious,
I removed and reinstalled the kernel-sourcecode.

Then, I followed the Kernel Rebuild Guide:

 make mrproper
 make oldconfig *
 make dep <-- not needed for 2.6 kernels **
 make clean
 make bzImage
 make modules

The process is still running, way way past
the point of failure before.  Then, just for
excitement, my main monitor went dark
so I had to SSH in to watch the progress,
and write this note.

* oldconfig uses the existing .config file,
   copied from /boot/config-2.6.8-1.521
** Thanks to kernel bloggers for this info.