[mythtv-users] Onboard sound full-duplex ?

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Mon Oct 18 21:37:45 UTC 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 05:14, cmisip wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 12:03, Maarten wrote:

> > I have to put two BT8x8 cards in, two promise 100TX2 are already in place
> > for the extra harddisks, so I will not have room for two soundcards, only
> > one...
>
> Man that is quite a setup.  Does that mean you have 2+2+2+2 ide channels
> because the VIA has onboard ide0 ide1 ide2 and ide3 already?

No, only 2+2+2, for a total of 5 disks as of now.  I could have used the
onboard SATA, but as it is the system is crammed with old 80 GB drives that
were "leftovers" from my main fileserver upgrade. And I'm not going to buy
new 80GB SATA disks obviously, as 160 or 250 GB drives are much more
economical.

> My system has about 590 Gig of storage using 4 IDE drives connected to
> onboard raid.  No promise ide controllers installed.   With the drop in
> prices of 250 gig cards, you should be able to achieve a terabyte of
> storage just using the onboard raid ide.

My fileserver has 590 GB storage, but not my mythtv box.  One has gotta set
priorities... ;)

> If it will help you any, I documented my mythtv install here:
> http://cmisip.home.insightbb.com/mythtv.htm
>
> It is ancient (MythTV 0.14 on a 2.4.20 kernel) with datadirect from
> zap2it still using xmltv.   It works though.  The hardware config might
> be useful to you.

I'm still at 0.14 too.
There is a lot of useful info. :-)  I'll try those quality settings, for
instance.

But I see there that you have a 2-card backend using "dumb" capturecards.
How does that work ?  [How] Does your CPU manage that ?

Maarten