[mythtv-users] Xine Mplayer Fullscreen Lirc

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Tue Oct 19 08:09:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:11:04 -0400, MacNean C. Tyrrell
<dardack at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Ok got a few questions.  Don't know if this is right mailing list, but
> it is through mythtv i use xine and mplayer.
>
> First off when mplayer and xine play, they play at full screen, but the
> fullscreen doesn't take up the full screen on my tv.  When i watch tv it
> does.
> It's almost like mplayer and xine play in a widescreen format.  At the
> top and bottom there is a black line.  it's full screen right and left.
> So when I watch a widescreen movie, either one i made in xvid format (i
> like it like that, i don't crop or resize, so shoot me).  It sucks cause
> it's like widescreen twice.  Not very pretty.

Press the Xine "aspect ratio" button ("A" by default IIRC). I mostly use
the "square" setting when playing DVDs through my PVR350 as it then
matches the scanlines on my TV.

> Second lirc works fine with xine, but with mplayer volume up and down
> work, pause, osd and quit work.  However seek does not.  I pust seek +/-
> whatever and it doesn't fastforward or rewind.  I even change the
> buttons that are increasing volume to seek, because obviously mplayer
> can recognize that button since it changes the volume, but as soon as i
> put seek +60 nothing happens.  Any ideas?
>
> I downloaded the new mplayer pre1.05 or whatever the newest is,  because
> i was using 0.92.  Thought that would fix it but it's not. Any help
> would be appreciated.

Mine works fine, so I can only give you the settings used in my .lircrc:

begin
     prog = mplayer
     button = Rewind
     config = seek -10