[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase + tv_grab_uk_rt

Jake Smith pvr at thepier.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 09:10:42 UTC 2004

Hi Matt,

Your posting is well timed from my perspective;

I hunted around last night for information on how to automate channel data
into my myth DB.
On the whole I drew a blank - I don't know whether other grabers etc. for
other countries do this automatically, but I was suprised there wasn't more
discussion about this (btw: I'm am also in UK)

Until now I have had just a handful of channels that I added by hand using
mythtvsetup's channel editor and running mythfilldatabase --manual, but as
of last night, I wanted to add all Sky Digital channels. There was some talk
of using --xawchannels and an xawtv file - but I found no source for an
xawtv file or converter from xmltv channel listing (of the kind produced by
tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels) to a xawtv template.

I was going to look at generating the necessary SQL statements from my
list-channels xml tonight - but you sound like you have some sort of working
solution along these lines.

So:

> 1) Anyone else had that problem? Got a more elegant fix?

Afraid not.

> 2) Anyone want my fixed tv_grab_uk_rt or the makechan.pl channel
> table filler?

Yes, please.

> 3) Anyone know where I might find an online reference of Sky
> channel name -> Channel number?

Found this : http://www.wildsat.com/   (table at the bottom or word document
link near the top)

> 4) Is just leaving freqid blank and using an arbitrary number for
> chanid ok? :)

I'm not able to look at my box right now, but I think probably completely
spuriously I have the sky channel number in the freqid entry - I think blank
should be ok as the channel changing script must surely just be given the
channel number of the channel record.

For the record, my system is : Fedora 2 + mythtv from cvs ~ 10 days ago,
Intel 800Mhz, 512MB, NVidia NV10 GeForce 256, PVR-350 (using tv-out),
Actisys IR-200L (to control STB).

--
Jake.