[mythtv-users] 0.16 frontend segfault when exiting a recording then watching different recording (with Backtrace)

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Oct 19 11:37:21 UTC 2004

Jason E Jenkins wrote:
> The following segfault happens when watching a recording then exiting
> the recording and then trying to watch a different recording.  This is
> on a remote front end.  The problem doesn't seem to occur when I watch
> recordings on the box that has a backend/frontend.  I noticed that the
> last message when it segfaults mentions libGLcore.so.1, so I was
> wondering if it has somthing to do with the nvidia-kernel or
> nvidia-glx.  The version of both kernel and glx are  1.0.6111.

Strange.  This is the crash I'd expect if you have an older (5xxx)
version of the nVidia libraries installed.  Try reinstalling 6111 on the
frontend; maybe something clobbered one of its libraries.

Did you build MythTV yourself?  If so, try rebuilding against a
freshly-installed nVidia 6111.

Otherwise, you could always rebuild w/o OpenGL vsync support and fall
back to RTC; you may see an occasional hiccup in playback, but it seems
to work pretty well.

-Doug